The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Nikon D700, Lenses and other assorted stuff

Terry

If you have followed my antics over the last several weeks you know the seed was planted for me to make a switch to Sony. I took the plunge and therefore am selling off a GREAT Nikon full kit. Here goes, I will post the pictures in followup posts as I shoot them:

All items have low mileage and in excellent condition

If someone wants this as a whole kit it really does have all that you would need! I am pricing it individually but contact me if you are interested in the whole kit.

All boxes lens caps etc. are included.

D700 body plus extra battery (B&H after rebate $2700 + $42) $2200

Nikon 14-24 (B&H $1750) $1400 SOLD!
Nikon 24-70 (B&H $1700) $1350 SOLD!
Nikon 70-300 f4.5-f5.6 VR (B&H new $525/Used $465) $400SOLD!
Voigtlander 40 f2 SL II (Cameraquest $379) $300
Voigtlander 58 f1.4 SL II (Cameraquest $379) $300 SOLD!
Nikon 50 f1.8 (B&H $130) - ask Jack about my Carmel sunrise shot with this lens :D $85SOLD!

SB800 (discontinued but approx $400 on ebay) $390 SOLD!
SB600 (B&H $220) $185 SOLD!

Nikon MC-30 remote shutter release (B&H $70) $50

RRS base plate - new never used ($40) $25 SOLD!
RRS L-Bracket - new never used ($140) $110 SOLD!

Shipping included in CONUS. Buyer pays Paypal.

Note: all boxes are in NY except 14-24 and SB600. I will be in NY next weekend (June 6-7). If in a rush, items can be shipped with boxes to follow otherwise all will be shipped Monday June 8.

As most know I have sold my fair share of equipment and with all buyers pleased with the condition of the gear and the care taken when wrapping and packing. :)

Individual pictures to follow:

View attachment 17058

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: Nikon D700, Lenses and other assorted stuff

Wowsers, what a kit!

Terry

The 24-70 is sold.

Last edited:

flipflop

Can I ask why you are making the switch to Sony?

Nice kit!

Terry

Can I ask why you are making the switch to Sony?

Nice kit!
Because I'm an idiot :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Seriously, because Guy made me do it :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

OK enough of the funny stuff.....
I'm headed to Iceland for two weeks of photography and was deciding what gear to take with me when my friends here urged me to try the Sony system. I really like the colors and files that I am getting from it. The lenses are really quite nice and it is a simpler camera to use (menus and functions). It also actually fits my hands better. I rationalized away some of the Nikon high ISO advantage by saying I had a lot of pixels to play with in reducing down the size on some of the low light shots I would have done on Nikon. I don't usually need anything of that sort in a large size. There is a very long thread that I started last weekend that chronicles a of the "testing" process that makes for some interesting reading:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7652

D&A

HI,

PM sent! Thanks! Dave (D&A)

Bubble

FYI, 24-70 going rate now in the $1500. Your price is TOO GREAT. If i don't have one already, i would buy it in a heart beat. :)

Terry

The 70-300 is sold.

Remaining:

THE BODY - was told it was a bit too high because Adorama and Calumet have gone lower on pricing so $2200

Voigtlander 40mm
SB600 flash
Remote shutter release

Ben Rubinstein

I think it's fitting that on a site run by the guy (GUY) who has changed more systems than any other human being - that you can sell an entire system in a day or two. Nice work! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

I think it's fitting that on a site run by the guy (GUY) who has changed more systems than any other human being - that you can sell an entire system in a day or two. Nice work! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Actually two Nikon and Leica !!!! :p

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Just goes to show you all the sick pup's like me on this site. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry has certainly filled her closet with gear.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Geeze... :D

Just thought, great.... may be I can get a D700 kit for a good price, Terry posted that just yesterday.... then....

SOLD>>> SOLD>>>SOLD>>>SOLD>>> LOLOL:thumbs: Congrats.

I made the complete swap as well on Saturday, sold all my Olympus gear in one swoop... strange feeling though, but I really do not collect cameras.

If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would buy a Sony I probably would have laughed out loud....:D

Terry

Geeze... :D

Just thought, great.... may be I can get a D700 kit for a good price, Terry posted that just yesterday.... then....

SOLD>>> SOLD>>>SOLD>>>SOLD>>> LOLOL:thumbs: Congrats.

I made the complete swap as well on Saturday, sold all my Olympus gear in one swoop... strange feeling though, but I really do not collect cameras.

If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would buy a Sony I probably would have laughed out loud....:D
The body and little 40 are still available :angel: It makes such a sweet little kit with a cable release and SB600....OK it's a full frame starter kit. :grin:

My Leica gear actually sold just as fast.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

:D

Kewl. When is your island trip taking place? Sounds fantastic! Definately on my "must see list" as well.

Terry

Last two weeks of July. Northern AZ workshop is my Sony warm up (pun intended) trip.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

So the D700 is left 2200
Voigtlander 40 f2 SL II (Cameraquest $379) $300
SB600 (B&H $220) $185
Nikon MC-30 remote shutter release (B&H $70) $50

jonoslack

Amazing isn't it . . . I did the same in October . . . Nikon gone (all except a Zeiss 25 f2.8) - likewise with the Sony - never did like Sony, I once had a Vaio, and I didn't like that either. But the A900 is just lovely

Terry - congratulations on the sell-off - I'm sure you won't regret the Nikon gear, and I sure hope you won't regret the Leica. At least you can always go back again without losing too much.