The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Horseman 6x12 Roll Film Holder for 4x5

bensonga

Thanks Gary.

KEH is a little expensive for used Horseman Roll back compared to brand new from Robert White.
Really? I checked B&H Photo and they want $1,054 for a new one vs $599 for the LN- condition back from KEH. How much does Robert White get for them?

Gary

bensonga

I've bought alot of LN- and EX+ rated gear from KEH over the past few years and always felt it was a good deal compared with prices for the same items NEW. I'm sure that with enough patience and searching, better deals can be found, but when you want it or need it quickly......

Are you looking to shoot some panoramic type photos with your view camera??

Decided to buy one myself for the Sinar P and Ebony 45SU.

Gary

Francois_A

Are you looking to shoot some panoramic type photos with your view camera??
Gary
Precisely, and also to have more options when doing colour.
It is also less costly to experiment. With the Schneider 47mm XL I just purchased, I might not need to use the center filter, and still use some movements.

Did you purchase yours recently?

Francois

bensonga

Did you purchase yours recently?
Francois
Just today.....I bought the back in LN- condition from KEH. The EX+ back is still available for $549. Since you were looking for one in "good condition", I assumed you wouldn't mind if I bought the LN- back. I'd been thinking about a roll film back for awhile, especially after getting the Sinar P from Don Hutton recently. After mulling it over a bit, the 6x12 back is the only one that really interested me and your note spurred me to act. Let's compare notes and experiences once you've picked up a back. I don't have any really wide angle lenses....my widest is a 90mm Super Angulon.

Gary

Lars

Center filter is necessary with the 47XL on 6x12, unless you want the falloff effect. Movements are limited but there is some wiggle room. The Horseman RFH is much preferable to the Shen Hao type (but obviously more costly).