The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 21mm M pre-asph $695 obo

ShiroKuro

I bought this lens from CharlesPhoto a member here at DPI....
I had my fun with it and now I would like to try the 21 super angulon and thought I would see if anyone here might be interested .... From Charle's original add ..

Offered here is a 21mm late pre-aspherical model that unfortunately exhibits what is known as "Schneideritis" which is a bubbling of the paint next to the optical element. Seen mostly on Schneider view lenses therefore the term. I had Leica estimate a repair on this at over $700 (two years ago). I also sent pics to DAG - here is what he replied:

"Charles,

looks like the tiny white dots are within the black paint that surounds the inner sides of the front lens elements due to moisture that was originally in the paint & now has surfaced, optically there's nothing wrong & is also very difficult to repaint these elements so I'd leave it the way it is,

regards,

Don
DAG"

Obviously it affects resale value so I am selling at basement price. This is not a focal length I use on M7 or M8 so no reason to hang onto (I have 18, 24, 28 as well). So make me an offer. Comes with hood, caps, and B&W UV filter (not UV/IR). No coding. Otherwise in mint condition. Perfect for those wanting to get into a wide Leica "cheap."

Original for sale thread is here with pictures of the lens .
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3628

The lens is in excellent condition.

Thanks for looking .