The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For people interested in C mount lenses on G1/GH1

J

jlduh

Hi,

i wanted to let you know that i have some old C- mount lenses (like Angénieux, Kern Paillard , SOM Berthiot, etc.) that will be available soon for sale. I'm living in france and i'm doing some tests with some of these lenses on my Lumix G1 which is great fun! ,

I will test some of them (taking into account the 37 mm max diameter mount restrictions on micro 4/3 adapter, otherwise grinding is necessary as you know) but i will have more lenses than necessary so i could sell some here if people are interested (i've read very interesting messages on this subject on the 4/3 cameras forum here!).

In any case, payment would be through paypal and i can have a direct exchange with buyer by phone (i can call).

As i am searching new lenses for my tests, let me know also if you search a specific model (mainly Angénieux, Berthiot and Kern) and if i get one i will let you know here.

Waiting for your feedback and potentiel requests...

Contact also possible by MP of course, or by mail: [email protected]

JL

V

Vivek

If you have a 50mm f/0.95 SOM Berthiot (fixed focus lens, weighs ~2 kgs) let me know.

R

Ranger 9

If you have a 50mm f/0.95 SOM Berthiot (fixed focus lens, weighs ~2 kgs) let me know.
A fixed-focus f/0.95 lens?!?

I know cinematographers need a very controlled approach, but designing the whole shot so the main subject will always be the same distance from the camera seems unusually restrictive...

V

Vivek

May be there is one with in focus mount as well. I have only seen a fixed focus lens- made for "high resolution" electronic recording in the 1960s or the 70s

It is the housing that makes it so heavy.

R

Ranger 9

May be there is one with in focus mount as well. I have only seen a fixed focus lens- made for "high resolution" electronic recording in the 1960s or the 70s

It is the housing that makes it so heavy.
Ah, now I get it!

Sometimes it slips my mind in our digitalized age that until quite recently, the only way to record, say, a high-frequency oscilloscope waveform was to film it!

It would be an interesting quest for some collector to locate and catalog all the varieties of "oscillo-", "regno-", and "radio-" lenses made by big optical houses throughout the mid-20th century for recording oscilloscopes, fluoroscopes, etc., etc. This must have been an important enough market for manufacturers not only to brand lenses especially for it, but in many cases to design or adapt the optics: ultra-wide aperture, optimized for close distances.

V

Vivek

I will post some shots through a 55/1.2 Nikkor-O (aka CRT-Nikkor) in a new thread (different board- sorry this is getting OT for the FS/WTB section) that would contradict your view, Ranger. :)