The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elinchrom 1200 RX Mono

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I decided I will list this for sale

Well not sure what to do about this. I have a 1200 RX Mono which new they are quite expensive but I bought this used on e-bay awhile back for 950.00. Now I had some issues in NY and it seems the flash tube connection on one prong on the female side inside the unit is fried a little . So I bought a new Flash tube at 180.00 than installed that but I still am getting intermittent pops. It thinks it is firing the flash and recycles and all that but that connection inside needs to get fixed. Problem is i need this sooner than a repair can happen. for my Rangers or try to get it fixed but where is the question. This thing packs a load of juice BTW and great for the Main light with a 250 watt modeling lamp. Frankly I would just assume sell it and let the buyer take on the repair . Seems that circuit connection needs to be replaced which should not be too much to do. Well anyway any interest let me know but if anyone knows a repair shop that would be helpful as well.

Here it is new at Adorama

http://www.adorama.com/EL20727.html

Sorry folks I made a mistake on pricing this out my bad. It's 500 for the flash unit and 200 for the repair which is 700 to me . Than you need to order the flash tube at B&H for 162

John Black

Have you checked with Bogen Imaging to see about their repair time? I had a 600RX that needed a board replaced (warranty repair) and they were fairly quick about it. For $30 extra they have a 48 hr repair time.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now i took it in to Tempe Camera and they will fix the internal prong for 200 dollars and have it Tuesday for me. Bad part is the new flash tube is toast after putting it in the bad part. So the flash tube at B&H is 162.00 dollars. I can still do 500 for the flash and 200 for the repair for a total of 700 but you will have to get the flash tube
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...and_Micro.html

Need to know soon if anyone wants it since I need to either order the tube for tuesday and keep it or order a Ranger A head to go with my two Ranger packs for Tuesday. Have a job on Wednesday morning. I can ship it Tuesday when I pick it up..

BTW make a note of this folks and i am going to post this in the lighting forum as well. What happened was during shipping the units to NY for a job the flash tube came slightly loose and when i went to fire them it started to Arc and burned out the internal prong and fired the tubes connection. This can happen to any flash system so be aware when shipping or transporting any flash unit the flash tube is secure to the connections. Certainly for me a expensive lesson learned.