The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black M8 for sale

popum

I keep falling in and out of love with my M8. On some days the rangefinder experience really works for me and on others I find it gets in the way of my capturing shots. This week I’m out of love so the camera is being put up for sale. I should add that the fault is not the camera’s, but mine. Aging eyes and less steady hands are the culprits.

Over the time I’ve had the camera I’ve played with various approaches to the most secure way to hold the M8. I’ve tried a Luigi half case with grip, and the Leica grip. Both of these were improvements over the original as delivered by Leica, but not ideal. Ultimately I came to use a Thumbs Up with the camera’s covering changed from the original slippery Leica material to Griptac (provided by Camera Leather and installed by me). This combination makes the camera a joy to hold and I can walk around all day with it in my hands and not feel fatigued and not feel that there is a risk that I’m going to drop it.

Included with the camera is the Megperls 1.35x magnifier with diopiter adjustment. This equipment is technically not sold in the US due to patent overlaps. I bought mine through a friend in Europe. It is the perfect aid for focusing anything from a 35mm on up. It does dim the image slightly, but makes focusing easier by enlarging the patch and adjusting for your vision abnormalities.

The original boxes (inner and outer) are included as are two batteries, charger, cables, etc. I’ll also throw in a body cap that lets you shoot the Leica as a pinhole camera. I bought it but never used it.

The camera is in excellent, but not mint condition. I have used it but not abused it. There are minor scuffmarks but it has never been dropped and it has no dings or dents. It has not experienced any of the problems that we’ve read about in threads here or elsewhere. I had only two episodes in over a year where the camera stopped working. In both instances all I needed to do was remove and reinstall the battery.

I live near New York City and can meet with serious buyers there to show the camera and conclude the sale there. This would save paypal and shipping costs (almost $200).

If shipping is required the buyer will pay the actual cost (your choice of carrier) and the 3% paypal fees.

The current retail price for this package is $5,900. I’m offering this for sale for $4,400.

We can also discuss bundling the sale with a coded Elmarit 24/2.8 and/or a Sumicron ASPH 35/2.0.

Email me at [email protected]

Mike