The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya 645AFd kit w/Kodak DCS 645m Pro Digital Back

wiregen

I'm selling my Mamiya Medium Format Digital back Kit. I'm not going to part anything on this so please no requests. I will probably regret this, but this back produces amazing color and images my 5D MKII can't even compare too. That being said. I believe in full disclosure. Sometimes when I burst shoot with this back it would produce some corrupted images. Other than that the back works flawlessly.

Asking $3350 Shipped & Paypal'd

It comes with:
Mamiya 645AFd Body with Crumpler Strap
Kodak DCS 645m Pro Back
Mamiya 55mm f/2.8 AF w/hood (a bit scuffed but 100% working)
Mamiya 80mm f/2.8 AF w/hood
Mamiya 80mm f/1.9
Mamiya 150mm f/3.5 AF w/hood
9 batteries, 6 are new.
3x 1gb Microdrives (the back can take 32gb CF cards)
Double Battery Charger

Not Pictured is the powercord to the powersupply.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Do you format your cards in camera. Sounds more like a card or card reader issue. Not too sway off topic but first place I would look.

That's a nice price . I would buy it for back up if I had the money

V

Vivek

Geez, I snoozed!

If it is available by any chance, please let me know.

Thanks!:)

kdphotography

Fantastic back. Great "custom looks" module from Kodak. Btw, I don't think the back was ever "meant" to shoot in bursts... I found that the Proback "likes" the MicroDrives better than CF....Apparently they were designed to work "together"

And I think the easily removeable AA filter means easy to convert to IR digital back capture...

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,

If you get this, I'm driving up to your place to drool on it. ;)

Too bad I have two bodies, all the lenses, and a tethered back already. If I were just starting out, I'd be all over this.

Greg
It appears I missed it...

V

Vivek

I am one that expressed interest but can't complete any deal in the next few days due to other personal commitments.

So, if anyone else is lucky and interested, it is one sweet deal!

fotografz

I had this back and used it on a Contax 645. Fab back that still holds its own against other 16 meg square sensor backs.

It worked fine with CFs other than Micro-Drives ... but that was some years ago ... so they weren't the super fast, high Gig CFs of today. However, it sounds like Guy may be right ... the issue could well be elsewhere in the image chain.

I still have four IBM 1 gig Micro Drives in a metal wallet laying around here somewhere ... when they were first introduced they cost something like $500. each. That's $2K I'll never see again. Times change ... ;)

The adapter to use that back on an RZ was over $1,500. back then. I also have one of those laying around in a box that needs to be repaired by Kapture Group.

Someone could have the MicroDrives and RZ Adapter (if I can find it) for free, if they want to go retro :D

-Marc

V

Vivek

Marc, I distinctly remember the Microdrives (and the prices) when they came out because I was engrossed with giant magneto resistance related issues in research at that time. Quite generous of you.

Again, a sweet deal that I may regret missing due the circumstances.