The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss Cube Protection

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I tend to leave my Cube on the tripod when carrying around in the SUV. However, given that I'm often off on rough terrain I'd like to protect the head with a pouch of some type.

Do folks have experience with particular pouches that will fit the cube?

Don Libby

Graham - I keep my Cube attached to my tripod all the time and when it's not on the ground open up and ready it's stored in a lightly padded tripod bag. It stays in the back of my jeep and often goes off road and so far no problems whatsoever. Based on my experiences I really don't see a need for a specific cover so long as the tripod is protected (which it is) the head will be as well.

Don

kdphotography

Too bad the "coach" leather bag that the Cube normally comes in isn't more of a padded leather pouch that would slip over the Cube....I got the "anniversary" edition so only received that nice corrugated cardboard version...

For added protection, I've been using a lens pouch that slides over the Cube (still attached to the tripod. I found an old Tamron lens pouch that is well-padded and fits the cube like a glove. The Canon lens pouches will work too, though with less padding.... I use a padded tripod case as well, but when hiking or out and about, I only use the lens pouch cover on the cube.

I imagine that you could also use a pair of Don's tube socks and fit your entire tripod into those.....

:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I imagine that you could also use a pair of Don's tube socks and fit your entire tripod into those.....

:ROTFL:
I don't even want to guess about this one ... :ROTFL:

The lens pouch approach might work - I know that my RRS tripod head pouch is too small and that's the kind of deal I'm looking for, maybe something neoprene that I can just slip over to protect the head & car. I tend to leave the tripod out of the tripod bag when I'm shooting and driving around.

Time to go look weird wandering around the photo store trying out lens pouches & Arca Cube. :cool:

kdphotography

I thought about neoprene too---nice padding and weatherproof. Just for the visual, this is how my Tamron lens pouch looks. Fits snug and won't fall off by itself (can use the ties too) and that lovely leatherette (dare we say naugahyde) is actually well padded and pretty weatherproof....

Works pretty well when the tripod is not in its case, and doesn't look too ghetto...

Last edited: