The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fighting SPAN posts, I'm gonna give up ...

steflaurent974

Fighting SPAM posts comment on photoblog, I'm gonna give up ...

Since several monthes, my Pixelpost photoblog is invaded by Spam post.

I have installed a DEFENSION Add-ON to counter strike : very good in the beginning but now some of Spam are getting over it. And everyday I have to clean 20-40 Spam Comments !

Do you guys have an answer for this ? (Add-on or other thing ?)

Stephane

Last edited:
O

Oxide Blu

Don't blog -- problem solved. Oh, and pass the scotch, please.

Or ... blog without allowing comments from visitors/viewers. I toss my stuff up on Tumblr -- no idea if it is better or worse than any of the others. I password protect the photo blogs, no comments allowed. In other words, viewers must be invited to see my pix and then I don't want to hear about it. :D

Dale Allyn

Pixelpost allows the use of Akismet and if you're not using it I would suggest that you consider it. DEFENSION has a mixed rep.

Leaving comments open without requiring a registration is now a burden for many. I moderate all blog comments on my sites and simply delete the spam during the process.

The problem with services like Akismet (though it is quite effective) is that fully human, manual spam is becoming far more common, especially if you allow a poster to correlate a web URL to their user-name, and/or allow html in the comments (i.e. clickable html links).

Don't give up, just tighten your restrictions a bit and add Akismet and any other layers you're comfortable with.

Don Libby

While I welcome comments on my blog I also moderate them by requiring a word verification then a review before they get published. I took the word verification off as a test and quickly turned it back on.

Don