The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPad Discussions

Terry

Anyone see Steven Colbert with the iPad last night as he opened to Grammy Awards. I wonder how much Apple paid for that.

O

Oxide Blu

Anyone see Steven Colbert with the iPad last night as he opened to Grammy Awards. I wonder how much Apple paid for that.
My guess is the Grammys asked Apple for the prop so they could look cool with something that is currently in the news. I wonder if TV shows and Hollywood movies are now going to be inundated with iPad props in every scene.

stephengilbert

"And/or Pink??"

Wait a sec; do you mean that Lady Gaga and Pink are two different people?

Pink was amazing, though I find it hard to believe she was actually singing throughout. If she was, she's an athlete.

cam

Colbert had been asking for the iPad, repeatedly, even before it was released... don't think they had to pay a dime.

cam

my biggest pet peeve with the iPad, Kindle, Nook, and whatnot, is the fact that none of them are waterproof.

if they can make waterproof housing for a camera, why can't anybody come up with something for these???

sigh.

regular books may get worse for the wear in a bath, their pages all crinkly, but at least they can survive an occasional dunk. make me an e-reader that can withstand bubbles and i'm all over it!

Terry

my biggest pet peeve with the iPad, Kindle, Nook, and whatnot, is the fact that none of them are waterproof.

if they can make waterproof housing for a camera, why can't anybody come up with something for these???

sigh.

regular books may get worse for the wear in a bath, their pages all crinkly, but at least they can survive an occasional dunk. make me an e-reader that can withstand bubbles and i'm all over it!
Enjoy your bath :ROTFL::ROTFL::D

jonoslack

sigh.

I'm right with you in this . . . nothing nicer than reading in the bath with a good book and a glass of wine. The real danger point is snoozing off and dropping the book in . . . maybe Terry has the answer.

Diane B

"And/or Pink??"

Wait a sec; do you mean that Lady Gaga and Pink are two different people?

Pink was amazing, though I find it hard to believe she was actually singing throughout. If she was, she's an athlete.
I don't think she was---if so, wow LOL but singing laying down you usually get a different 'sound'. Quite a performance.

O

Oxide Blu

Now that the iPad is old news ...

A Second iPad On The Way?

Did you think the first iPad was a little...lacking? Small? Anemic? If so, you might be in luck. TechCrunch has information from a "good" but second-hand source that Apple has another tablet close to launch. This device will have a larger screen than the iPad, and be closer to an iMac than an iPhone. In fact, it might even run on Apple's OS X.

This new iPad could go up to 15.4" in size. If that turns out to be the case, it will likely come bundled with its own keyboard/dock. It seems like Apple is looking to introduce a "home" tablet that has a broader array of capabilities but lacks the portability of the current iPad. We could see this new wonder-tablet as early as this June, during the WWDC conference. Or Apple may wait until the Fall so that it can get this baby out in stores in time for the holiday shopping season.

All Apple rumors should be taken with a grain of salt. ...

D

DougDolde

The iPad could be a great way to accept credit cards in the field, specifically at shows, via Paypal. Assuming one has the 3G model with activated AT&T service.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have you been to a Apple store lately. You owe yourself a trip to one. They use a Itouch custom built for credit card orders. It's pretty dang slick too. No doubt we will see it in a Ipad. Just think a waitress may take your order and credit card all in one swoop someday.

Lars

sigh.

Reading on the beach... nothing beats a printed paperback. Sandproof, high reflective contrast, very low power draw.