The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPad Discussions

Diane B

Well Jono mine's here and in my hands as I type. What's not to like?? Even typing isn't too bad and I'm a touch typer though often too fast. This will slow me down a bit. A week early so I'm happy. Camera connector out about 4-6 weeks.

Terry

My extra (my first extra went to Jono, my second extra went to my mother so I'm back to no extra LOL) camera connector kit took about 1/2 the indicated time....so there is some hope.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Well Jono mine's here and in my hands as I type. What's not to like?? Even typing isn't too bad and I'm a touch typer though often too fast. This will slow me down a bit. A week early so I'm happy. Camera connector out about 4-6 weeks.
Have fun. The connector kit maybe not that exciting (would like to hear from you).

If you want to play some videos:

http://vimeo.com/busteinmueller/videos

You can download them if you become a free member of Vimeo.

Diane B

Have fun. The connector kit maybe not that exciting (would like to hear from you).

If you want to play some videos:

http://vimeo.com/busteinmueller/videos

You can download them if you become a free member of Vimeo.
Thanks Uwe. I'm a member of Vimeo but only have the first little lens test I tried with GF1 uploaded. I tried it last night with Touch and found I couldn't watch a number of recent videos from Gs, 5 and 7 Ds. I thought Vimeo had
converted so that all was watchable on Ipad Iphone. Some were-- does this
have anything to do with what format they were uploaded in?

Edit: just tried Vimeo with Ipad and can view everything. Could they not be all optimized for Iphone/Touch.?
Edit: just tried Vimeo with Ipad and can view everything. Even an old old one I shot with G9 so maybe not optimized for Iphone/touch

Last edited:

Diane B

This is definitely one of those WTF moments. I didn't submit first edit and can't edit to delete second. LOL. CAN't get it to scroll down far enough-- likely user error

jonoslack

This is definitely one of those WTF moments. I didn't submit first edit and can't edit to delete second. LOL. CAN't get it to scroll down far enough-- likely user error
We'd better put it all down to excitement over that drink I definitely owe you. Our consolation is that we do have the iPad that Terry kindly sent us, and today the itunes store finally put on the apple applications - ibooks is so much nicer than the kindle reader it isn't true . . . so then there was a happy hour working out how to get the kindle books into ibooks - not strictly legit perhaps, but having paid for them it did seem reasonable,

Currently, iBooks in the UK has 16,000 free books, and nothing to pay for! (mostly the Gutenberg press stuff). It's so easy to put DRM free ipub books in there though (and we have plenty of those), so it's not a problem. I guess the modern stuff will appear at silly prices on Friday (release date for the ipad).

All rather exciting really :)

Diane B

We'd better put it all down to excitement over that drink I definitely owe you. Our consolation is that we do have the iPad that Terry kindly sent us, and today the itunes store finally put on the apple applications - ibooks is so much nicer than the kindle reader it isn't true . . . so then there was a happy hour working out how to get the kindle books into ibooks - not strictly legit perhaps, but having paid for them it did seem reasonable,

Currently, iBooks in the UK has 16,000 free books, and nothing to pay for! (mostly the Gutenberg press stuff). It's so easy to put DRM free ipub books in there though (and we have plenty of those), so it's not a problem. I guess the modern stuff will appear at silly prices on Friday (release date for the ipad).

All rather exciting really :)
'Tis--exciting that is. I've frittered an afternoon away :ROTFL:

I have Kindle, Stanza (very nice and I understand Amazon has bought them), Barnes and Noble and Kobo just to try all of them (had them on Touch) plus Ibooks. Haven't really read anything but news so can't say much about reading on Ipad yet

jonoslack

'Tis--exciting that is. I've frittered an afternoon away :ROTFL:

I have Kindle, Stanza (very nice and I understand Amazon has bought them), Barnes and Noble and Kobo just to try all of them (had them on Touch) plus Ibooks. Haven't really read anything but news so can't say much about reading on Ipad yet
Hah!
Well, TNT clearly slipped up, and ours just arrived this morning - hooray. Now, of course, O2 can't keep up with the rush of registrations zzzzzzz.

Lars

HI Lars
To start with yes . . . . and then not at all.
We were expecting them tomorrow - I guess you are too?

all the best
Not getting an iPad at this time. For engineering purposes we already have one at Mosync (the mobile software company I freelance for), and for personal use it's not money wisely spent for me right now.

jonoslack

Suddenly it's all come to life here. The BBC iplayer works like a dream (even over 3G), iBooks has 16000 free books (and newer ones to pay for at a sensible price). Iworks apps are here, and they work. Then there's worms HD:eek:

Diane B

Guess everyone there is happy about a day early. I had read that the stores will open an hour early tomorrow. Is it expected that there will be big crowds there as there was in the US?

Diane B

My Ipad is shipping June 8th and in My waiting hands on June 11th. Can not wait!!
I think you'll enjoy it. I told someone that I like it more than I expected and I had high expectations. I think it will depend upon how one makes use of it though.