The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPad Discussions

Diane B

My camera connector kit is due tomorrow so I will try.

I just find it to be my library at my finger tips. I use it all the time for researching things (found an app last night for area in Nova Scotia we're going to in Sept. Very useful), reading books/pdf manuals, mags, newspapers, forums, looking at galleries, etc. I find new uses for it all the time. I'd hate to not have it now. My laptop is rarely used and even my desktop is mostly used for photo processing and business things like billing and bookkeeping.

apicius9

I will order the camera kit today - I assume they won't have it in the Apple stores, right? I understand the Apple case is fine but I will look around for a leather case first - any experiences there? Oh, and what are you all doing reg. screen protection? I usually use the 'invisible shield' from ZAGG.

Played around with some of the apps I read about here, will need a bit more time but it looks like fun so far. Multitasking would be nice, though, just for listening to Pandora while I do other things... It will mostly be used as a surf-and-read gadget and for SD card backups in rare cases. But I am a bit discouraged by what I read about document readers. I thought I would at least be able to read MS Word docs and Powerpoint slides - editing would be a bonus but I have a notebook for that. Is it worth it spending the money for Documents-to-go Premium? Oh, and I didn't find anything obvious for Facebook - any recommendations there? Sorry if all that has come up before, I'm still behind with going through Ipad threads...

Stefan

jlm

Workshop Member
my 20 yr old spent too much quality time on my I-pad, ran the battery way down. got the red bar and lightning symbol.
plugged it in to ac adapter, took 15-30 minutes before i could get the apple/bootup. read a book (still plugged in) for 1/2 hr, pad quit and back to red bar.

has been plugged in, charging only,for four hours and is only up 10%

is this typical?

Terry

What are you charging it with? iPad 10v plug or iPhone plug (the brick part not the cable). iPhone plug will be very slow. Using while charging slows it down a lot.

simonclivehughes

Question: I've used the camera connection kit to load and view pictures after I shoot. How do I get rid of them afterward? At this point I've a few GB used up that I can't seem to get free up. From what I see on the iPad, there's no way to delete albums or the images in them, and no place in iTunes that seems to allow this either. How in the heck do I delete them?

Cheers,

ustein

Contributing Editor
>How do I get rid of them afterward?

You can, but I forgot how (best Goole). But for sure the solution is quite tedious as there seems to be no real delete of an entire folder. I gave up the idea to use the iPad for this :)

Diane B

Simon, just got my CC Monday but had saved an SD card full to try it out. Don't know about deleting albums but you can delete multiple photos by selecting an event or album or saved and clicking on the 'share' button in top right (square with curved arrow). Click on that, click on photos you want to delete and then select the delete button (red in left corner AIR). I assume that it deletes the RAW/jpeg completely. Not sure of deleting albums though and no way to organize into other albums. That's badly needed. I understand that you can upload photos organized as you wish via Itunes but haven't done that.

simonclivehughes

Diane,

I know that it is possible to do it this way, but with hundreds of photos, it simply isn't practical. There should be a way to wholesale delete an entire album, or if not, a way to select all pictures at once rather than having to click on each picture. Damn silly, really.

As Uwe found, this makes using the iPad for checking anything more than a handful of images from a camera just too ridiculous to be useful. Apple really needs to think this through a whole lot more.

Cheers,

jlm

Workshop Member
I'm looking for two things:

1. an AC charger adapter that will dual function for I-phone or I-pad ( i think the stock I-pad charger is ok for both, but not the I-hone charger)
2. a 12v DC (car) charger that will handle both: read a few reviews about the apple product blowing fuses, there seems to be a griffin, any reports?

simonclivehughes

John,

You are correct about number one.
Don't know about this other than to confirm that my iPhone car charger does not charge the iPad.

Cheers,

It is a bit convoluted, but you should be able to use an ac/dc inverter which plugs into your cigarette lighter socket and then plug the iPad charger into the inverter. Seems silly to go from dc to ac back to dc, but it use this approach for my laptop when in the field. You can get by with one of the small inverters since there isn't a large current draw.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I'm looking for two things:

1. an AC charger adapter that will dual function for I-phone or I-pad ( i think the stock I-pad charger is ok for both, but not the I-hone charger)
2. a 12v DC (car) charger that will handle both: read a few reviews about the apple product blowing fuses, there seems to be a griffin, any reports?
I have the Kensington (used so far for the iPhone) but they claim to charge the iPad.