The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SSD / Mac Pro Quad question.

stephengilbert

I have an 80 GB Intel SSD boot drive in my Mac Pro with nothing on it but applications. With the OS, Lightroom (two versions), Capture One, Photomatix Pro, Raw Developer, Autopano Pro, and Microsoft Office, I'm using less than 13 GB. Data, including photos, docs, and music, are all on a pair of RAID drives.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have a crucial 256 and have moved the hard drive to the dvd bay.
I am using about 167 G on the SSD and use the HD as a bootable backup
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am using a 128 Crucial, and have all my software INCLUDING Fusion which is running a full version of XP Pro, and am using all of 40 Gig... Personally, I like a bit of free room on my desktop, and with SSD's, having a larger drive means longer times between drive reconditioning. So I would suggest the 100 is maybe the sweet-spot between cost and size and efficiency.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I use 2 Crucial 128gb hard drives in my Mac Book Pro. One for OS the other is Raw files that I process from. All other data is running to a external drive and all backup data goes to a Drobo