The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Snow Leopard won't read cards... HEEEELP!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I recently bought a Mac Mini with Mac OS 10.6.2, and it works fine in all in all areas except one: it won't recognise my cards. I've tried Kingston SD 16GB with GH1 and external reader and Transcend CF 16GB with Fuji S5 and external reader, and the computer won't recognise any of them.

Both cards work flawlessly on my old Mac (OS 10.3) as well as on different PCs with XP and 7.

Anybody with similar experiences?

Dale Allyn

Do you have access to a different reader? I believe you are trying to connect via each camera and one external reader, correct? I tend to be suspicious of the camera connection method (if having problems) and would try more than one reader as well as swapping ports, etc.

Does system profiler "see" the reader and the cards?

kevinparis

maybe try without your 'work discs' plugged in... guess you mean exteranl hard drives... maybe they are drawing too much power...

K