The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ipad, RAW files, camera connector, upload

Diane B

Is the issue still that its difficult to delete those files from the Ipad? I won't get my connector for awhile so can't try it. I use Lightroom so thats encouraging.

shadzee

Hi guys, have you heard of PadSync
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/padsync/

They offer file/data synchronization outside of iTunes. I had hoped they offered "deleting" of uploaded image folder in the iPad's "photos" app. But they don't ;-(

I think if enough photographers contact them, and ask for this feature, they would put it in their application.

Terry

Is the issue still that its difficult to delete those files from the Ipad? I won't get my connector for awhile so can't try it. I use Lightroom so thats encouraging.
You can't mass delete a whole import. You need to go in and tap (select) each picture and then after you've selected them there is a mass delete function.

I know on the iPhone launch today Steve Jobs talked about iMovie video editing app that you could buy. It only makes sense that they add additional iPhoto controls into the iPad. So, i think what you see now is worst case scenario.

jonoslack

You can't mass delete a whole import. You need to go in and tap (select) each picture and then after you've selected them there is a mass delete function.

I know on the iPhone launch today Steve Jobs talked about iMovie video editing app that you could buy. It only makes sense that they add additional iPhoto controls into the iPad. So, i think what you see now is worst case scenario.
HI Terry
I quite agree - I'm sure that they will do something about it.
However, although it seems a pain, I just timed it, and it took less than a minute to delete 140 images in the 'all imports' section. It isn't ideal, but it really isn't that much of a drag

all the best