The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thecus N7700 Pro NAS Review

O

Oxide Blu

I just posted a review of this device ... We are also giving one away ... See article for details.

Ok, Carlos ... I think you may have crossed the line here. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you are NOT "giving" anything away -- you are raffling off the product of your recent (excellent!) review. "Raffling" because you require folks to give you money (and follow you on Twitter ... whatever that is). It's just like a raffle -- everyone gives you money for a chance to win. Someone will win, everyone else won't, no one gets their money back.

That said, thanks for the excellent review. :thumbs:

etrigan63

OK, I ***can't*** say it's a raffle because Paypal does not allow this. I cannot collect monies via paypal for raffles. I am allowed to collect monies for site sponsorships which is a subscription. It IS a prize in our sponsorship drive. If you are already a sponsor, you only have to follow me on Twitter (a microblogging site) to get the announcements. You become eligible to win by becoming a site sponsor via a small donation and following me on Twitter (which is free). The wording is very specific.

From a practical standpoint, I won't say that you are wrong. From a legal standpoint, it makes a world of difference.

PBS does this every year and twice on leap years. I don't see anyone giving them heat about it.

I have to do this to keep the sites operational. My site income dropped in the last 18 months from $1200-$1500/month to $85 every other month and NO ONE is buying ads from sites directly, only via ad syndication services who are no longer paying very much. I have cut corners everywhere I could, but I now need my membership (185K strong) to step up and help me out if they want to keep the site going.

Thanks for reading the review and giving it a thumbs up!