The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

cleaning I-phone simm

jlm

Workshop Member
I am selling my 3-G's and want to deliver them with none of my simm
data...how to do this?

thanks
jm

LJL

Another option would be to go to an AT&T store and ask them to put a blank sim card into the phone, saying you plan to sell it. You can even buy blank sim cards from Amazon.com for about a penny each. Also, you could opt for a sim card reader/writer to go in and do the electronic snooping, er, forensics on the card and delete all stored numbers, messages, pin codes, etc. Those a bit more pricey but they will let you clean the card yourself. Not sure if the iTunes "reset" part actually cleans the card of all the other data that may be stored. It should, but simply putting in a new, clean card is a better way for you to be sure any info is not passed on.

LJ

Leigh

I'm with LJL in suggesting you install a brand new card.

Most modern storage devices don't really "erase" anything, they just mark all areas as unused and available. The data is still there and accessible by anybody with the proper hardware and the ability to use same.

- Leigh

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
LJ

Just pull the SIM and destroy it...newer micro sims are not compatible and your info is stored in iTunes for the new device if another iPhone.

Whoever buys the phone can get their own...again no charge at ATT

Bob

LJL

Bob,
I agree that is the easiest and best way. I was offering up some other options as John (jlm) the original poster had asked how to clean a card to resell the iPhone.

LJ

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
LJ,

My inattention directed the post to you rather than JM...mea culpa maxima.

Most sincere apology tendered! :thumbup:

Bob