The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Introducing harry the Head - the seven buck assistant

kevinparis

As my other half refuses to be photographed, and I am fed up dashing across the room to try and do self timed self portraits, I have recruited an assistant. I picked him up in an art supply shop for a reasonable 7 euros. A coat of paint and a microphone stand later I have a supermodel thin subject who never complains -

OK expression is a bit rigid, but its a fun way to try out lighting and lenses

heeeeeeer's Harry

K

Vlad

Striking features, what a handsome chap!

Genius idea actually, I have the same 'problem' with my wife. She doesn't feel like posing in front of the camera much as well, which becomes problematic when I am trying to play around with lighting setups. I shall consider the same solution, thanks for the idea!

jonoslack

Great idea Kevin - I look forward to meeting him - but can you live with that supercilious grin (I'm not sure I could!)

kevinparis

don't know about the grin - though cam was threatening him with lipstick.... girls will be girls :)

off to hide in the cellar... hopefully will be out before you arrive

K

W

wbrandsma

I wonder Kevin, is Harry really a replacement for Cam? :bugeyes: I look forward to meeting Harry and in the meantime could you start training Harry on different expressions?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm struggling to keep my fingers from typing the words "good" and "head" right next to each other in the same sentence. As cool as he is, I'd still prefer a capture of the elusive Cam.

kevinparis

Cam remains resolutely elusive and says you are probably better off with the image you have in your mind

K

I'm struggling to keep my fingers from typing the words "good" and "head" right next to each other in the same sentence. As cool as he is, I'd still prefer a capture of the elusive Cam.

kevinparis

you and I both know cam is irreplaceable.. or is it irresponsible?.... one of those anyway.

I will work on his expressions... after he learns how to make the coffee in the morning

K

I wonder Kevin, is Harry really a replacement for Cam? :bugeyes: I look forward to meeting Harry and in the meantime could you start training Harry on different expressions?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I would gladly shoot cam should she show up in my studio or anywhere else for that matter.
I much prefer working my my lighting with a "whole" woman rather than a plastic head.

-bob

kevinparis

bob trust me...if i could get whole woman i would... but 7 euros only stretches to a plastic head....I am a scotsman after all

its all just fun... we don't all have your seductive charm :)

K