The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sandforce based SSD drive roundup

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Sandforce has been an innovator in bringing "standard" SSD designed up to nearly enterprise grade performance.
This review[1] and roundup is a bit old (at three months ago) but still interesting comparison of sandforce based disk offerings.

-bob

[1] http://hothardware.com/Reviews/5Way-SSD-RoundUp-Sandforce-vs-JMicron/?page=1
Had a Corsair Force F240 as the main drive in a MBP for about a month. Blisteringly fast. In fact, the single drive makes my hardware RAID-0 dual Samsung 256GB drives in my main machine look slow by comparison. Seriously considering upgrading, but secretly hoping for a 500GB 9.5mm laptop drive in the near term.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm running a 200gb OWC Extreme drive as my main OS which is very fast and like to go Raid O with it but I have a 500 gb spinning drive as backup in the laptop. Love to be able to put 3 drives in my laptop.