The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem with Formatt 95mm Clear Glass Filter

evgeny

I bought a Formatt 95mm Clear Glass Filter from B&H (#FOC95) to protect my Contax 645 Distagon 35mm f2.8 lens.

This filter is advertised to have Front Lens Cap Size 95 mm.

But the Contax 95mm Lens Cap is a bit larger and doesn't fit the filter. In addition the filter looks like a fake with strange fog prints on the barrel and likely cracked glass in corner. Is anyone experienced such a problem with Formatt filters, and in particular with this Formatt 95mm Clear Glass Filter (#FOC95) ?

I already wrote to B&H, but I want to know if this happen to you, too, and your experience with the filter.

evgeny

I got authorization to return this filter to B&H.

Do you use a filter to protect your Contax 645 Distagon 35mm f2.8 lens. I'm looking to order another filter. Please advice.

D

DougDolde

Personally I don't use filters on my C645 lenses. I do however keep a Lee adapter ring on each lens with one of the big Lee lens caps that snap on the adapter ring. Then I use the Lee system if I need a filter (polarizer or grad).

evgeny

Doug, thank.
I use protection filters on all my lenses here in Israel.
I'm still looking for a 95mm filter for Contax 35mm Distagon lens.:clap: