The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Greaphics card upgrade question

DavidL

I have an ATI Radion 4300/4500 series PCI Express 2 video card in my computer
It's on an ASUS P5K motherboard with an intel Core 2 Quad cpu Q6600.
Is there a good, reasonably priced, graphics card upgrade. Currently runningCS5 and NX2 on both XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. 8GB RAM
Reason for asking is I may start playing with video, but I mean playing nothing serious.
Thanks in advance
David

T.Karma

I have an ATI Radion 4300/4500 series PCI Express 2 video card in my computer
It's on an ASUS P5K motherboard with an intel Core 2 Quad cpu Q6600.
Is there a good, reasonably priced, graphics card upgrade. Currently runningCS5 and NX2 on both XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. 8GB RAM
Reason for asking is I may start playing with video, but I mean playing nothing serious.
Thanks in advance
David
Nobody answered, so my humble experience counts. :)
Dont know what reasonable pricing is for you. I have got a Quadro FX 1800 and am completey happy with it. It is a 10 bit GC, 2x display port connection and has really good drivers for a wide range of apps. I am running a NEC PA 270 on it. It is definitely the best setup I have ever had, totally easy and trouble free.