The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MacBook Pro 15"

tjv

Hey all,
Just wondering what the consensus is on the new optional high res display upgrade offered by Apple on it's 15" MacBook Pro. Also, I see the drives are only 5400RPM. I thought this was dog slow? Weren't the prior gen Pros 7200RPM? Does it make a difference?
Thanks,
Tim

Terry

I have the high res matte display and I'm glad it is back!
I also did the drive upgrade to 7200
I recently took out the DVD and added an SSD giving me two drives.
SSD - OS and working file
Spinner had 2 partitions, 1 backs up the SSD and the other is for extra storage if I need it.

tjv

Is it worth splashing for the i7 processor over the i5? I'm not sure if the speed difference is worth the extra cash.

So far I'm looking at the 2.54ghz MBP with the 7200RPM drive and high-res anti-glare screen. For about $100 more I could have the base 2.66ghz MBP with 7200 drive and standard screen. Anyone have strong opinions either way?