The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best sensor cleaning kit?

Homey

I am sure more than 1 of you on this forum clean your own sensors.

So I am asking you all what is your favorite or in your opinion, best sensor cleaning lit I can get.?

Ease of use and actual safety of use are a big plus too, as well as it needs to work.:)

For all who are going to say "send it to Canon" Please don't, I know I should but unless they can get it and have it back to me in less than 3 days then my schedule will not allow me to send it in.

Thanks

Steven

Lisa

The order of things I try:
(1) rocket blower (does the trick the majority of the time)
(2) Visible Dust's Arctic Butterfly (static brush) - though the company has some serious problems with customer satisfaction, so I'm not sure I'd buy theirs again
(3) Sensor swabs with Eclipse fluid (which I've only needed to do a few times when the previous steps didn't succeed)

Lisa

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the blower e2 and swabs.
my personal experience with the butterfly has been not too good.
I now just use the blower and then go straight for the swabs.
it seemed to me that the butterfly never did enough and if
it was not perfectly clean would make matters worse.
-bob

Homey

Thanks all.
I ordered the Visible Dust swabs and the Vdust-Plus solution. I hope it cures the dust. I am sure it will and it will add another thing I can do myself and not have to send to canon for.
Thanks everyone for the tips.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
If you'll make it a habit of blowing the sensor off before you got to shoot it will drop the need to clean with swabs to almost nothing.