The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh My God, It's Full Of Stars!

Godfrey

A big box arrived yesterday. New Apple Cinema Display 27" LED.
My gosh, this thing is huge.

Calilbrated with the Eye One Display 2 in a jiffy, looks great. Cleaner cable arrangement than the ACD23.

Doesn't take a bad picture either ...

Camera: Apple Cinema Display 27" LED

A little hard to frame precisely, setting exposure a bit tricky... ];-)

I've been a little too busy to do much new shooting, and the events in Japan have been on my mind, so I ran through my archive and pulled up the 400 or so photographs I made while in Tokyo for a week in 2002. I'm preparing a little book of them. Flipping through them as a slide show on this screen, I am delighted with how crisp, clean and beautiful these 5Mpixel original JPEGs out of a Sony Cybershot DSC-F707 camera appear.

Self-Portrait - Fuji Television Network cafe - Tokyo 2002
-
Sony Cybershot DSC-F707
ISO 120 @ f/2.4 @ 1/50 second, 48.5mm

Sometimes, we let ourselves get way too nutty about cool toys and theoretical things, forget that the point of all this stuff is to make photographs.