The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Getting ready for 3g Iphone

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW the .Mac accounts are down for transfer to the new .Me accounts this morning. I believe this has no effect on e-mail though

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hey, what's this have to do with photography? Put it in the sunset bar!

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Yea it has a 6mpx , zoom 12-800mm lens on it and it focuses just on what you are looking at. Read the press release dude. LOL

We can move this if you want

LJL

For folks downloading iTune 7.7 and expecting to see the new App Store for the iPhone/iPod Touch applications, couple of things you need to get there.

After downloading and installing iTunes v7.7, go to Preferences>General and check the box for "Applications". That will create another entry in the Library (left column) when you open iTunes. If you then click on it (like Music, Movies, Radio, etc.), it will take you to a new screen. In the lower right hand corner are two options: "Check for Updates" and "Get More Applications". If you select "Get More Applications", it will take you to the iTunes Store App Store, where you can browse the over 500 apps already loaded in, with more coming as developers keep building them.

I know this is not camera related, but it is iPhone related and some folks are anxiously awaiting the latest version tomorrow.

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we need to start a new forum for "Cell Phone Cameras" -- ?

KIDDING!

:D,

Terry

I've been prowling around the App Store and there is a whole section on Photography. One App that might be pretty cool is called SnapMyLife. Looks like you can take shots on your iphone and then from the GPS put a pin in a map of where you took the shot. Could be really fun when traveling or just when you are out and about.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Downloaded new firmware 2.0 and updated manually iPhone.

lt looks very nice...trying to hold off on 3G as battery life drops and costs are more. I think that there is something in the improved audio as mine is pretty marginal on the original phone.

I went by the Apple store today to get a new battery for my daughter's Macbook Pro and there was a line formed of adolescents sleeping out in wait of the new phone. Must be an event.

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Not me I will do a drive by at the AT&T store at 7 am and if there is a line more than 5 folks i will keep driving. Waiting in line for a phone is not my cup of tea.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I agree...

New phone will probably be a week away when I give up being conservative and pass the old one to my daughter.

Bob

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Yeah Doug and I upgraded to 7.7, and then manually loaded 2.0 on our phones. I used this link off the macrumors.com site , but it is now removed.
Pretty slick.
I am going to hold off on the 3G for a while.

Lance