Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: New Adjustable L Bracket

Super Duper
    New York City
    Post Thanks / Like

New Adjustable L Bracket

I'm going to try my hardest to get my hands on one of these for my trip to Africa. This looks like it will be nice for those of us using small cameras. Note that it does have the Arca Slidefix plate but my current clamps allow for the smaller sized plate. I'm sort of sick of camera specific L- bracket solutions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Adjustable L Bracket

That is nice idea, much akin the JTec bracket for Sony NEX that I had which is just brilliant in that they turned the "L" part of the bracket on its side making it so much smaller or should I say narrower.

Seems Kirk, RRS etc always feel they have to have the L section the full width and in the same direction as the base plate, which works fine on a bigger DSLR but on a small camera, a 1" wide rail doesn't fit very well.

As such, turning it for a narrow cross section allows it to fit the size of the body nicely and given the lightweight of the camera, still provides enough clamping area