The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lion compatibility or <fail/>

Godfrey

... Generally a good update with a much cleaner email interface although I still haven't mastered sending to multiple recipients from the address book....it seems to just want to send a new email to each recipient, it just can't be right so I will persevere...the "help" button doesn't! ...
If you're working in "full view" mode, options are limited although you can always just start to type a name in the To field and Mail will assemble names into the to field from the Address Book one at a time. Close one after another with the comma character, Mail will stay in the To field and be ready for the next input. In windowed view mode, Mail works just like it did in Snow Leopard.

If you regularly send email to a known circle of email addresses, you can also create an Address Book group of them. Type the name of the group and all the email addresses will be inserted into the To field. You can then edit out ones you don't want to include, or append more that are needed.

C

CooledgeR

Has anyone else had problems running SilverFast ver. 8 software under Lion?
More importantly, were the problems solved and, if so, how?

simonclivehughes

I see in the App Store that we're up to version 10.7.2 of Lion now, but I still see tons of comments that are extremely negative re performance and other issues such as losing TM backups and all manner of other woes.

What's the general feeling on this... is this version of the OS really ready yet? I'm loathe to do the upgrade if it affects my performance negatively.

(I'm running a 27" iMac, 2.93 GHz i7, 16GB RAM with 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD.)

What's your recommendations?

Edit: The main reason I'd like to update is so I can use the iBooks Authoring program.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Godfrey

I've been running Lion since it was released. I run all kinds of oddball sw. Only two things do not work for me: the iMatch software for my Eye One Display 2 and the Olympus Updater. Xrite has replaced iMatch now, and the Oly Updater I no longer need.

Other than that, all the problems I hear about are installation issues or incompatible third party stuff that wasn't written correctly in the first place. There are certainly a few things in Lion I wish they'd left alone .. Like the iCal and Address Book UI .. but beyond that it's been a win for me.

simonclivehughes

Thanks for the feedback Godfrey, that's good to hear. I'm not running anything out of the ordinary software-wise, so hopefully that will be in my favour. I appreciate your reply.

Ciao,

Terry

I really haven't had any Lion issues. Given the hypothetical choice of Lion or Snow Leopard I certainly wouldn't retreat backward.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Some of us are even running developer seeds :angel:
So actually it has been pretty stable.
My issues are related to email from exchange servers through rpc over http tunnels.
Most apps that had issues were running on previously private apis or were treading on the edge of supported interfaces, or had not yet moved away from apis that apple had deprecated long ago.
-bob