The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best 1TB drives?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Anyone have a suggestion for what's considered a solid performing 1TB eSATA drive? I'm in the market and haven't been paying attention to current trends/discussions about HDs.

Thanks!
Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have used the non-enterprise versions of the WD Green, the Seagate 7200.11 and the Samsung Spinpoint and would use any of them again. The WD and Samsung run a bit cooler than the Seagate; the Seagate and the Samsung are a bit faster than the WD; all are very quiet. They are all running about the same price right now too at about $160.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack. Exactly what I needed to know. It's amazing how inexpensive storage has become.

C

carbonmetrictree

The Seagate 7200.11 ES.2 1TB drives are rated for enterprise storage solutions. I am a firm believer behind Seagate because of their magnetic perpendicular recording function that allows data to be written on the platter in a much secure fashion than normal drives.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
The Seagate 7200.11 ES.2 1TB drives are rated for enterprise storage solutions. I am a firm believer behind Seagate because of their magnetic perpendicular recording function that allows data to be written on the platter in a much secure fashion than normal drives.
Exactly the drives I purchased! Good to have another vote of confidence.