The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small camera / tablet backpack?

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I´m looking for a backpack that is not too big that may acomodate some photography equipment, a 7" tablet and some personal items (keys, cellphone, wallet, etc). So far the only one that I really like is the Lowepro fastpack 150 AW (the 100 AW cannot fit the tablet and the 200 AW is a bit bigger than I´d like).

These are the things I´ll probably be taking on the backpack:
- NEX5 (nex-5N soon, I hope)
- 16mm 2.8 pancake
- CCTV 35mm f1.7
- Sigma 70-300mm macro.
- 2 batts
- 1 charger
- About 3 SD cardas
- A 7 inch tablet

It would be nice if I could also fit on it a gorilla pod, my wallet, keys, a small headphone and my cellphone. But like I said I don´t really want a big backpack though.

What other options do I have other than the Lowepro fastpack 150 AW ?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You might want to pay Tamrac's website a visit as they seem to be taking the camera & iPad combo seriously and have bag options.

Rawfa

Thanks, Graham. I´ve looking into their backpacks but they were too bulky. I´m very enticed by a Kata.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have the Kata DR 467i after completely wearing out the previous model (466i I think). It's not perfect, but I haven't found any alternatives and mine is being used more or less 483.5 days per year :)

Perfect for a small DSLR or an EVIL with a few (up to 5!) extra lenses and a MacBook etc. With an MBA 13, I can even fit 3-4 shirts also in the laptop pocket, making it large enough for extended weekends, at least in a tropical climate.