The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Has anyone here had flaky card slots?

Lisa

Hi all -

My old Nikon D70 is starting to frequently have trouble reading the CF card. It gives me error messages about being unable to read the card. So far, removing and replacing the battery (or sometimes just turning it off & on) gets it going again, but it's getting more frequent so I don't trust it to not permanently go bad sometime. (The problem isn't the card, as it has this problem with several different cards.)

I'm debating whether to get a new camera or to send this one in for repair. Has anyone sent a camera in to repair the card slot? Can you tell me about how much it cost to repair it?

This D70 has been converted to IR use (internal filters replaced etc.); anyone have any idea whether this would cause any difficulties for Nikon service if I choose to repair it?

Lisa