The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera storage q - drawer liners?

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I'm rearranging things in my house and for the first time will have some drawers for gear storage - bodies and lenses, chargers etc. i was thinking of some kind of cushioned liner. Anyone have any ideas of what to use and where to get it? Thanks.

camping

When using foams and other synthetic materials give some thought of the gases that they might emit. Especially if there is limited ventilation.

They might affect the lens coatings, bonding agents, or plastic finish.

Paul

weinschela

Subscriber Member
When using foams and other synthetic materials give some thought of the gases that they might emit. Especially if there is limited ventilation.

They might affect the lens coatings, bonding agents, or plastic finish.

Paul
Thanks. Good point to consider.

kdphotography

Try Target, Wal-mart, or similar: there is a (new?) shelf liner that is not much thicker (though padded) than regular shelf paper, but it is somewhat spongy and anti-slip. The best addition I've found for the studio is a very soft, thin and pliable rubber (anti slip) dish mat (Costco).