The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Step rings.

postman

Not quite sure where to out this.

I am looking for a 40.5 to 67mm filter adapter for some view camera lenses. I already have rings to get me from 67mm to 77mm. But I am having a hard time with the 40.5 to 67. I see that Heliopan has one but bhphoto are out of stock and I am having a hard time finding another source.

Thanks.

stephengilbert

It wouldn't be a stock item, and might take several weeks to get, but SKGrimes makes a slip on adapter that slips over the outside of the lens and can be made in whatever filter size you want: Slip-On Filter Adapters « SKGrimes

I've got one that I use for the Schneider 35 and 47 Digitars, and recently ordered one for the 72 and 120. Though the Grimes website shows them in brass, they're made now in a black anodized version.

postman

Stephen,

Thanks for the pointer.

Can you tell me if it is best to get one of these for each lens? I have 2 lenses that take 67mm inside thread, and 2 lenses that take a 40.5mm inside thread, I am guessing the outside circumference would be the same for those two pairs so technically I could get just 1 of each. But experience may tell you that they are not that easy to get on and off in which case 1 for each lens might make most sense.

Thanks.

stephengilbert

They just slide over the lens, and are held in place by friction between the lens barrel and an O-ring around the adapter. I originally had two, but sold one.

You can call Grimes if you have any questions.