The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EOS-M/NEX-7

Don Libby

I'm looking for feedback from actual users of the EOS-M as I'm thinking of getting one to convert to IR. So what do you think of the little camera? How's the AF? How's the lenses (I'm thinking of the 18-55 for a one-lens wonder). And to sweeten the pot, anyone with actual experience using the converter for EOS lenses?

I miss not having an IR camera and want to get back into it again. We've got 3-images that we regularly sell that was made on old IR camera and the sales generated more than paid for the conversion.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Don

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Re: Canon EOS-M

Don,

This may not interest you (please ignore if that is the case)-

Instead of the EOS-M, get a NEX-6/7 converted. There are plain EOS adapters for NEX and also a Speed Booster- all do well in near IR. AF on any of these are very iffy to practically useless but work wonderfully in manual focus mode.

Don Libby

Re: Canon EOS-M/NEX7

Funny you should mention the NEX7. I'm no longer thinking of the M and looking very close to the 7 instead. What can you tell me about the 645 lens adaptor?

Don

Added the NEX to the title.....