The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Swivi External Swivel LCD Monitor, any experience?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In situations where I need to take shots from difficult angles or when I for some other reason am not able to see through the viewfinder, I'm mostly using the GH2. But sometimes, the little m4/3 sensor simply doesn't cut it. So I've looked at alternative solutions, like buying an A99 with the needed lenses, but that would cost me in the area of $5-6,000.

Then I saw this:

swivi external swivel lcd - Photoxels - Digital Photography
Amazon.com: DLC Swivi External Swivel 5.6" diagonal LCD Monitor for DSLR: Electronics

Have anybody tried it? It looks like a perfect solution, but how does it work in real life, particularly at the industrial environments where I would most likely use it together with the D700 and a WA lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The whole point for me is to use it when I can't get my face behind the camera, so the examples you link to wouldn't work. Yes, it's rather expensive, but much cheaper than an A99 :)