The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shoulder bag that doesn´t look like it

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I´m looking for a shoulder bag with the following specs:

- It MUST look like an everyday bag instead of a camera bag
- It should fit a DSLR with lens attached and at least one more lens
- It should be water proof or at least it should come with a rain cover
- It should have lots of compartments for batteries, sd cards, cables, papers, cellphone, misc accessories (if it has a place for a tablet it won´t hurt).
- I don´t want a super thick shoulder bag
- I´m not a fan of velcro

I was really looking into the Compuday photo 150 but even though it´s almost perfect it lacks a key spec...it´s not water proof...living in a tropical country I cannot afford to be caught by a tropical rain storm with a bag like this. It´s a shame because I really liked this bag.

Any suggestions?

Rawfa

That looks very cool, Jack. I will look into some reviews!
Does anyone have any experience with the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's a photo of my J803 from back when I shot the M. Now that I shoot with Nikons, I can get one D800 with 24-120 zoom in one side compartment and a second body with 17-35 in the other, with a single 50 or 14 tucked away down in the middle compartment. Or I can get a body by itself in the second end compartment and two lenses stacked on top of each other in the middle compartment. The slot I have labeled with filters is where the tablet will fit; front pockets are divided and will hold batteries, cards, cleaning stuff, filters, etc. Has a rear slip compartment for airline tickets or guidebook. The bag is just deep enough to fit a 70-200 zoom in one of the compartments if it's not attached to a body.

I have since tried 3 different TT shoulder bags, a retrospective 7, 10 and Urban Disguise --- all were great and very flexible, but end of day were simply not as versatile as the J803. I still use the J803 for travel, and swap to a Domke J1 when I need to schlep a fuller assortment of gear on my shoulder. I do use a TT airport Ultralight (no longer made) as my favorite backpack bag.