The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Mac pro..

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
One of my priorities for the coming year...all my storage will need an upgrade but
so looking forward to getting my present space heater out from under the desk.

Bob

RVB

One of my priorities for the coming year...all my storage will need an upgrade but
so looking forward to getting my present space heater out from under the desk.

Bob
Bob check out the link I posted to the Pegasus R2.. I am also looking forward to grabbing this new MP,Hoping Apple release a decent 4K monitor for it.. Asus have one on the market already but ideally I would like an Eizo or NEC monitor..

Rob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
ROb,

I did see the thread and will begin the process of moving out of external SATA drives to a small Pegasus when they are readily available. 4K monitor may be a bit away as Eizo or NEC lower their entry point and offer a smaller size....no room for a 48 on my desk.

I sold my RED EPIC last year....do have a small amount of 4K footage to start with and will probably look to Sony for a reasonable little 4K Camcorder ....
stepping back from a short foray into video, just need something for motion in landscape.

I am convinced that the 6 Core MAC will be best as it has the better of the graphic chips - probably will stay away from the 8 Core as video is a small part of my interest.

Next year should be interesting....

Now for a decent calibration system for 4K ... wonder if my i1 will be adequate.

Bob