The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SDXC

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Jumping Jehosaphat!

http://i.gizmodo.com/5125341/new-sdxc-memory-card-spec-supports-2tb-capacities

excerpt:
"The SD Association has announced a new card spec dubbed SDXC (eXtended Capacity) that can support memory capacities up to 2TB with read/write speeds to 104MB per second.

According to their calculations, that would mean you could store 100 high-def movies, 60 hours of HD recording, or 17,000 fine-mode photos on a portable device."

I know. I know. It's just a spec! Still... Imagine! You could get 20 images with that P65+! :ROTFL:

Terry

I was just going to post this. Who needs a drobo when you can put 2tb on a postage stamp.

More seriously....what does this say for storage capacity in notebook computers etc.

etrigan63

This may signal the demise of the use of CF cards in Pro bodies, unless the CF Association gets CFast and CF+ out the door.

R

Ranger 9

Um, yeah. It's kind of as if your state motor vehicle department announced the procedures and fees for licensing flying cars... it doesn't mean you'll actually be able to buy a flying car any time soon...

cjlacz

Assuming you were able to actually reach the close to max transfer speed it would still take almost 6 hours to copy everything off the card. I bet we see a another standard before these hit 2TB. :D