The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From W7 to Mac mini or McPro

andreleon

Hi all,
I want to get rid of W7. Knowing I use PS-CC (and 3D),LR, DxOElite, C.One, 2
Nec Spectral View Ref.271 monitors,Epson 3800, which one of these two systems could be the best:

Mac mini i7 3GHz 16Go/1To

Processeur Intel Core i7 bicœur à 3 GHz Turbo Boost jusqu'à 3,5 GHz 16 Go de mémoire Disque dur de 1 To Intel Iris Graphics (Adaptateur HDMI vers DVI vendu séparément) Deux ports Thunderbolt 2 (jusqu’à 20Gbit/s) Quatre ports USB 3 Port HDMI OS X Yosemite .
or,
Mac Pro Quad Xeon Woodcrest 2,66GHz 4Go/750Go SuperDrive AirPort
(3 ports USB à l’arrière, port USB à l’avant inactif) Deux processeurs bicœur Intel Xeon “Woodcrest” 2,66 GHz 4 Mo de mémoire cache de niveau 2 partagée par processeur Deux bus frontaux indépendants 1,33 GHz 4 Go de mémoire (DIMM DDR2 667 MHz ECC Fully-Buffered) Carte graphique NVIDIA 7300 GT 256 Mo PCIe (2 x DVI) Disque dur Serial ATA 750Go SuperDrive 16x double couche (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) Wifi (Airport) 3 ports USB à l’arrière Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard (pré-installé) .
16 Go Ramm would be added.

Prices of these refurbished items are similar .
Thanks for your help. Best regards.

4season

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I fully agree. I've been using Mac Minis since they were first released (and the Cube before that), and they are great, little machines, more than sufficient for photo editing, particularly since the one you are considering has 16GB RAM.