The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

30'' (-ish) monitor

miska

Hi !
I am lusting for a larger monitor for my image processing, and 30'' looks about right. Now, I don't want to spend 3000$ on it (otherwise, I would take a NEC 4k screen), but don't want an el-cheapo model either.
So what are my options ?
- Perhaps an non 4k model (buying new, but a model from 1-2 years ago) ?
- The LG 31MU97 looks tempting on paper. The specs look good, but I haven't found any photo-oriented reviews yet.
- I have also thought about a tad smaller (27'' ?) NEC. But then the difference to my current one is smaller (an Eizo, 24'' from about 6 years ago, still works fine, but I want bigger :) )

Thoughts ?

Thanks !

D

Deleted member 7792

Too bad you don't live near me. I'm about to buy an NEC PA322UHD (32") and will likely sell my NEC PA301W (30"). I highly recommend the PA301W (or the PA302W which succeeded it) and have seen a few available online used or refurbished at about $1K USD.

Joe