The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macbook Pro retina screen burn in / ghosting?

tjv

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else experiences some moderate to severe burn in issues with their MacBook Pro 15" retina screen? My machine was bought at the end of 2013.
In essence, in case i'm using the wrong terminology, If I'm looking at a page for any length of time longer than approximately twenty seconds – sometimes less, depending on content – when I flick to another page I see the ghost of the page I've just left. Even though I don't use this machine for final work, this a serious annoyance when I'm editing photos.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have the late 2013 model and experience no ghosting. A quick search of MacRumors has a lot of discussion of earlier Macbook Pro screen ghosting.. is yours the version that came out at the end of 2013?

--Matt

D

Deleted member 7792

There is a major issue with MacBook Pro 15" Retina display ghosting. Displays made by LG seem to be problematic. Displays made by Samsung don't show the ghosting symptoms. A class action suit has been filed regarding the problem. A Google search can provide background.

Joe

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ah. I have the Samsung panel. It's a bit of a pain to find out which you have, but I started with the instructions here.

stephengilbert

A Google search will disclose that the class action has been dismissed with prejudice, meaning no more tries to amend it. The case is on appeal.

tjv

I forgot I asked the above question, sorry!
I have the LG display and it's driving me insane. Seems I'm out of luck, eh?