The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How much storage for a wedding?

Rawfa

Hey guys,

I'm going to be using a D750 and a D600 to shoot weddings as a main photographer. I have a 16GB sd card on each camera's main slot and then a 64GB on the secondary slot backing up all the photos in raw (I bought them for video but since since I use them very little I decided to use them as backup). Should I have another set of 16GB sd cards as backups for the main sd cards or is this too much?

TTLKurtis

The first rule of shooting things like weddings is always have more than you need. You're probably going to want at least 64gb of total primary storage available for the wedding day, but it really depends on how much you shoot. In any case, storage is pretty cheap so don't take a chance and run out of storage. Make sure to have an extra couple batteries as well.