The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally!!!! A new Mac for me....

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Oh man.... to make a long story short.... since August 08 my maschine is truobling me, and that's an 8core 3.0 Ghz with 16 gig Ram.... there is a Noise issue, really annoying, sound like a dying fridge.... twice it was picked up and NOT repaired...

NOW :thumbs:

Apple Ireland replaces the maschine for a spanking Nelahem 8 core 2.93 Ghz with 16 Gig Ram etc. and the maschine will be handpicked and tested as if Steve Jobs himslef ordered it. :ROTFL:

This is such a Relief and very nice to get the upgrade for nuttin! I am a happy apple user again! :D

jonoslack

HI Georg
I'm a humble soul, by my 17" MBP antiglare arrived last weekend . . . and I'm loving it!

I hope you're new machine doesn't sound like a dying fridge too!

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
yeah... LOL.... me too mate! But in fairness, he said they will really double check everything, and he will personally get his hands on the maschine before it is send here. It took a long time to get to that point, but in fairness, the nutjobs at the repais center claimed they could not hear anything, while the second level support at apple could hear it even over the phone.

Just very happy that it get's sorted.

Congrats on the macbook Jono, they are really nice, I have a macbookpro from 08 and I love it!