The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

building gallery powered by flickr

A

a_summarita

flickr is great but the layout options offered by them is pretty limited. Luckily, they have an extensive API and have taken an open approach to data distribution.

so i took a few hours last weekend building a personal gallery using flickr as storage. plan to add more data soon (group i have joined, tags, more stats and etc).

let me know what you think and what you would like to see. ;)

http://alvinwoon.com/photo

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I like the main page and the way the photos appear with the thumbnails still staying as they are. What I find confusing is that some photos open a new page with Flickr.

A

a_summarita

I like the main page and the way the photos appear with the thumbnails still staying as they are. What I find confusing is that some photos open a new page with Flickr.
hmm that's weird. all thumbnails on the top half should load a larger version of the photo on the left side. Can I ask what browser are you using?

thanks for the kind words btw :)