The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FrameShop Script v0.9.7 for Photoshop CC 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7792

I have just posted a new version (v0.9.7) of my [free] FrameShop script to my website. FrameShop runs in Photoshop from the File>Scripts menu, and this version is designed for Photoshop CC 2015 and CS6.

FrameShop Script v0.9.7 for Photoshop CC 2015

For those unfamiliar with the script, it provides a means of resizing an image for the Web, with EXIF, copyright/signature, and title displayed in a matted and framed style. Several new features and enhancements have been added since the last version including:

• User interface has been organized into tabs, minimizing screen real estate and organizing workflow
  • EXIF information can be formatted on multiple lines or a single line
  • Improvement to identification of lens information from EXIF metadata
  • Caption can be added beneath the Title
  • Frame edge bevel is now an option
  • Additional shooting information (e.g. “Hand-held”) can be added to the EXIF text
  • FrameShop script settings can be saved and retrieved
Here's an example of what FrameShop can do:

Black frame, bevel mat, single line EXIF, title and signature​

Many of the improvements to this script have come from online forum members. The script is free and I do this for fun. It's my way of giving back to the photographic community that has given me so much. There is no commercial activity involved, period.

As usual, if you have any feedback, comments, suggestions or criticism, please contact me. There's a Contact page on my website and I'll follow this thread.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ran the Script and other than changing offsets for the EXIF and Signature from 0.9.5 it is very clean at this point.

On the Fontsize Fix I had issues with erratic changes of FONTS that were not consistently there ... if this replicates here I
will let you know.

Love the new interface.

It would be nice to have have the resize dialog reflect "long side" ... I was always sizing 1200 x 900 or 900 x 1200 and just found that
1200 x 1200 keeps the perspective of the original ... i.e. landscape or portrait.

I know that Adobe will soon have an update that will mess with your script ... for now it looks great.

Bob

PeterA

Bob, there's no doubt that Adobe's seemingly constant CC updates will break something. The scripting community is still waiting for fixes to things that were broken with the move from CS6 to CC. I'll try to keep the ship afloat.

Thanks for the feedback. I was running out of screen real estate and had to resort to tabs. It does organize workflow and decreases clutter and confusion (i.e., it focuses the user on the task at hand).

The Fontsize Fix patch was an interim workaround until Adobe fixed the bug. Now that the bug is fixed, that problem may not reappear. Let me know if it does.

Yes, the resize logic keeps the orientation (landscape or portrait) of the original image intact and uses essentially the same code as Adobe's Resize to Fit option. I could make that clearer in the post (or perhaps in the Dialog box itself).

As always, all feedback is appreciated.

Joe
Hi Jo,

I just came across this post of yours and just wanted to say thank you for the community service.
I will download and try it out

Cheers
Pete