The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4.8.3

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/09/10/capture-one-4-8-3-released/

Phase One has posted Capture One 4.8.3 to their website for download. This version is advertised as Snow Leopard compatible. Since Capture Integration does it's own independent testing (for this version we will include testing in SL) I would advise you to wait for a week or so to hear the results of our testing, as well as the collected wisdom (from their calls positive/negative to us) from those customer's of ours who decide to update immediately.

*Snow Leopard Compatible
*Support for Leica M9 (also Canon 500D / Rebel T1i)
*Minor Bugfixes (including rare “out of memory” error)
*Improved quality for P40+ and P65+

For future updates (including the results of our testing) I recommend you subscribe to our RSS feed. We also have a monthly prize giveaway exclusive to those subscribed to our RSS feed.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Is that rare out of memory bug the one I get every couple of days?
-bob

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW: I installed 4.8.3 on my early 2008 8-core and so far it seems more stable than 4.8.2. Just did a simple overwrite with no special file deletes.

Scargos2

I Up dated My C1 today to 4.8.3 and all I get is, it freezes > I have to shut down my Imac
using OSX 10.5.8
What is wrong with this up grade

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I Up dated My C1 today to 4.8.3 and all I get is, it freezes > I have to shut down my Imac
using OSX 10.5.8
What is wrong with this up grade
Nothing is wrong with the upgrade. It has been exceptionally stable.

As noted every time there is a new release of the software we strongly recommend you uninstall the previous version per our instructions prior to installing the new version.

If you do this now chances are extremely good you will have a fast stable time with 4.8.3.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Marc Wilson

A question regarding the speed of C1.

I've used version 4 for some time now (LE) and am currently trying out aperture and lightroom aswell.
Overall, for my needs I still prefer what C1 gives me for my Raw processing and tethering needs, especially if I upgrade to the pro version but...It is slower than either aperture or LR. This is on the current version and the older ones also.
Are there any basics I can do to speed up its use as whilst the other two programmes are almost instant in full screen previews, moving image around, etc, C1 takes that little bit longer...enough to be annoying.
I'm running a powerbook 2.33 intel core duo with 2 gig of ram but the point here is that its slower on this machine compared to other options.

Thanks,

Marc

S

sudusyup

I accept:phase One has posted Capture One 4.8.3 to their website for download. This version is advertised as Snow Leopard compatible. Since Capture Integration does it's own independent testing (for this version we will include testing in SL)