The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Direct Raw converted?

Rawfa

Hi,

I just came back from 4 days in Budapest with almost 9gig of photos in RAW format. My wife wants a copy but she wants the photos in JPEG so that she can view them with the ms windows browser. Is there a direct drag and drop raw converter that can do this?

D

ddk

LR, PS, C1, SP or almost any other raw converter that I've tried will batch convert your files.

R

Ranger 9

I just came back from 4 days in Budapest with almost 9gig of photos in RAW format. My wife wants a copy but she wants the photos in JPEG so that she can view them with the ms windows browser. Is there a direct drag and drop raw converter that can do this?
How do you normally convert your raw files? If there's a way to run your preferred converter in batch mode, that probably will be the easiest way to do it.

For example, if you usually use Photoshop, you could convert one file the way you like it while recording an action, then use File>Automate>Create Droplet to change that action into a drag-and-drop thingie.

Rawfa

Hi guys. I usually only convert from RAW the files I work on to post on my blog or print. Say I consider only 1gb from these 9gb interesting enough to print or publish, I'll take these files to PS, work on them and then save the jpegs for the web on a lower resolution and size. Can I do something like "select all" and then select the resolution and size and just leave it converting over night?