The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

color efex pro as good as silver efex

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have also hesitated with Color Efex while I just love Silver Efex...use it on color files then lower opacity to mute colors in post. CE has a gazillion filters but when I look at them I see maybe 5 I would really want...and only five in the most expensive package.

PM Steve Huff - stevem8 I know he uses CE a lot...check out the last page of the Leica M9 Fun with thread. He may be able to answer specific questions.

I will at some point get CE but my workflow is so full already...probably get it to fill some of the long winter evenings that a approaching.

Sorry I can not be more specific...hopefully Steve can be.

Bob

D

ddk

They're not comparable, Silver Efx is just a set of bw conversion plug-ins while Color Efx has a whole variety of different plug-ins, including a bw one, for enhancing your images. Like everything else, depending on your tastes and PS competency you'll find them useful or useless for the most part.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I personally find Vivezza better complement to Silver EFex, although as mentioned, Silver Efex is purely for B&W whilst the others are for general filters (Color Efex) or THE BEST local colour/contrast adjustment tool on the planet (Vivezza). :D