The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 5 Demands on Computer

archiM44

Capture One 4.8.3 runs perfectly on my iMac under OSX10.6.
Does any one who is testing a beta know whether COne 5 will force me to buy a new machine?

maurice

thomas

What are the expected minimum requirements, Doug?
System requirements
Capture One 5 may run on other and older equipment than what’s listed below but to ensure the best possible results we recommend that your computer at minimum conforms to the following specifications:
Microsoft® Windows®:
• Intel® Pentium® 4 or better
• 2 GB of RAM
• 10 GB of free hard disk space
• Calibrated color monitor with 1280 x 800, 24 bit resolution at 96dpi screen ruling
• Windows XP® SP3, Windows Vista® SP2, Windows 7®.
• Microsoft® .NET Framework version 3.5
• A PDF reader is needed to access the help file

Apple® Macintosh®:
• Intel-based Mac
• 2 GB of RAM
• 10 GB of free hard disk space
• Calibrated color monitor with 1280 x 800, 24 bit resolution at 96dpi screen ruling
• Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5.8 or later

Knorp

Hi there,

A minimum of 2Gb of free RAM seems to be fair, but I'm considering an iMac and wonder what total amount of RAM is recommended for running C1 (or LR) smoothly. Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

jonoslack

Hi there,

A minimum of 2Gb of free RAM seems to be fair, but I'm considering an iMac and wonder what total amount of RAM is recommended for running C1 (or LR) smoothly. Any suggestions ?

Thank you.
Hi Bart
If you're considering an iMac, then you should put 4gb RAM in it (don't most of them come with four anyway). Not just for C1, but because it's cheap and useful and there's no reason not to.

I'm using 4 at the moment, but the minute 8 is reasonably priced, then I'll be there!

Knorp

Hi Bart
If you're considering an iMac, then you should put 4gb RAM in it (don't most of them come with four anyway). Not just for C1, but because it's cheap and useful and there's no reason not to.

I'm using 4 at the moment, but the minute 8 is reasonably priced, then I'll be there!
Thank you Jono !
As there is no M9 'titanium' to be expected real soon :cry:, now is the best time for me to get Bill swapped for Steve :grin:. The new iMac will come with 4Gb standard (for just €180 more even 8Gb) and of course quad-core cpu and a 27" LED-backlit panel ... :bugeyes:

Glad C1v5 is not demanding more 'power' though.
Thank you Maurice for bringing this up :thumbup:

All the best.

D

dmcnickle

When is C1 5 going to be released? I just bought C1 Pro 4 a few weeks ago.

archiM44

Bert,
I have the last of the iMac's with the matte screen and have decided to wait until either Apple delivers the same kind of screen or get an Eizo screen and a Mac Pro.
Profiling the screens with glossy cover (i1Pro) can be a problem, and I don't want to take the risk. In Mokum, Chris Marx at sColor Marx can give excellent advice.
Maurice

T

tonyroth

Guy -- given that CI5 is being released in a few hours, can you give us any insight into your experience with the beta? Apologies if you have addressed this elsewhere and I have missed it. Thanks, tony.

J

jjlphoto

RAW processors get most of their oomph from your computers processors themselves. But if you intend to do Photoshop editing while CO is working in the background, you obviously need much much more than the recommended 2GB. It's almost like you want to figure out what your Photoshop RAM requirements are, then add the CO 2GB recommendation onto that.