The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture X. ?????

nostatic

Oh, it gets better. Last night I desperately needed to work on a script and voice some scratch tracks. I go to open up FinalDraft 7 - hangs. Try again - hangs. Reboot and try again -hangs. I go to open Logic 8.02 - hangs. Try again - hangs. Reboot and try again - hangs. I have my production guy email me a copy of the script as an rtf file. I open TextEdit (!) and start typing - hangs. Force quit, try again - hangs. Reboot, try again - hangs.

And I didn't mention the 5 or so hard crashes on Sunday when I was trying to move files around on some daisy chained FW drives.

This machine gets wiped and tested, and I'll pull out my old MacBookPro running 10.5.8. My advice for anyone - avoid Snow Leopard. Apple screwed it up bad this time. They likely will fix it, but it may take a few versions.