The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eXposure in Win-XP?

lowep

I have just downloaded Sinar eXposure Capturing Software V 6.2.0 from the Sinar website. When I tried to open the file my PC spat the dummy and refused to recognise it, which I have since found out is because it is a .dmg file that is designed for the Apple os, not win-XP that I am running on my laptop.

As far as I can see this .dmg version of the program is the only one available for download on the Sinar website. However I have found various references on the internet indicating that this software is available for PC.

So I am stumped! :banghead:

Is there a PC-friendly version of this program available for download? Or do I have to download a special program that will enable me to open .dmg files on my PC?

Of course I could just ask Sinar what to do but I figure that maybe they are busy trying to figure out answers to other questions - like how to stay alive.:eek:

To make matters worse the firmware upgrade that I just downloaded for my eMotion 75 is also a .dmg file.

lowep

No Sinar eXposure in Win-XP?

For those who have the same question, I contacted Sinar about this and received the following prompt reply from Hans-Peter Ochsner / Senior Customer Care Manager:

"The version of Sinar eXposure which is downloadable from our website can only be operated on Apple Computers withOs 10.4.x / 10.5.x

Sinar eXposure for windows exist only as a beta version which supports only a few Sinar digital backs as well as cameras. Therefore, these version are not for public use.
"

In a follow-up email he added: "Also, it is correct that the Firmware Updater has to run on a Mac. A DMG (not dng) file is a Mac Os Disc Image file
which can only be handeled from a Mac.
"

So that answers that question.:cry: